Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How does one become a representative for a cosmetics line such as Christian Dior?

I am a Cosmetician at Shoppers Drug Mart. I love my job but I am looking to broaden my horizons. How does one become a rep for a major cosmetics line like Lise Watier, Christian Dior, Lancome.. etc?How does one become a representative for a cosmetics line such as Christian Dior?
I have worked for Benefit, Trish Mcevoy, and The Body Shop...all as a counter manager/manager. Sephora is a great store to start in...the acct execs will visit the store or counter, and if you have good sales, product knowledge, and look the part, they will notice you. That's what I have observed anyways. My friend got approached by Nars and they wanted her to become a rep/makeup artist for them. Start at Nordstrom or Macy's at a counter. I wish you luck! The cosmetics industry is fun.How does one become a representative for a cosmetics line such as Christian Dior?
first things you have to be a good salesman when you go most of them will put you on the spot and make you do a make over or go grab a customer. I have worked with Benefit, Estee Lauder, Prescriptives and am currently at Lancome and what I look for when interviewing is do you have personality, are you quick on your feet, can you sell and of course natural talent. This industry is alot of fun but also very competetive. You have to be aggressive but also be a team player it is a hard thing to master but will help you on your way. Good Luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
bacteria