Wednesday, June 23, 2010

When starting a makeup collection, do u start off drugstore and work ur way up to HIGH END?

the girls on Youtube seem to spend like litteraly $500 on makeup when they do their hauls. and I want to well, not get a whole crazy collection, put have a decent pile...I like MAC, and Loreal HIP..... but I am in college working part time making only about $8-900 a month





Also, how can I do my makeup to look more my age? I 'm tired off ppl thinking I am 22,23 when I am only 19, won't be 20 until August 12th.





me ( Mu first day wearing makeup)


http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o222/鈥?/a>





me on a usual day ( just some green eyeliner)


http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o222/鈥?/a>





plz answer both parts of the questionWhen starting a makeup collection, do u start off drugstore and work ur way up to HIGH END?
I think your makeup actually looks very nice! You should splurge on essentials like lipgloss, blush, and eyeliner. Buy products that expire quickly, like mascara or nail polish, from a drugstore. Get medium eyeshadow, not too expensive, but still nice. Accept that people think you're older, it's a sign you're mature. I think you do a very nice job already, and the green eyeliner contrasts nicely with your skin and eyes.When starting a makeup collection, do u start off drugstore and work ur way up to HIGH END?
It is NUTS to spend that much on make-up. What works for them (are they spoiled princesses that have everything given to them??) won't necessarily work for you. Be true to yourself and what you are comfortable wearing.





I think when you are young, people think it is a compliment to say that you look older than you are. But, I do think the eyeliner pic made you look older.





You are beautiful girl - relax and be yourself!
I started from scratch..even Drugstore makeup, now i have the Full Bare essentials make up kit.





and by the way-you look pretty in both pics
u look hot with out makeup don't think u need make


to look good


may be to feel good.put lip stick or glose or even


b natural
MAC is a good brand and my favorite but I also use drugstore brands like Loreal, Almay and Maybelline. You can also find MAC makeup at a discount price on Ebay if you check. It's all unopened brand new stuff for a fraction of the cost. Just start out with basic pieces and work your way up.





I really think you look your age but just keep it simple. Use neutral colors for a daytime look. Maybe for a night time look go with a smokey eye or a charcoal color. It's all about experimenting and finding what works for you. Wear what you like and what makes you feel good.
you're really pretty :)


and i agree - i watch the hauls and i'm just


shocked, they go on forEVER.





have you ever heard of cco?


i just heard about it the other day. it stands for


cosmetics company outlet, and it's the est茅e lauder


brands - that's estee lauder, mac, perscriptives, clinique,


bobbi brown, origins, etc - all kinds of stuff.





i've never been there though so i can't tell you, but here's


a list of locations:


http://www.outletbound.com/cgi-bin/store鈥?/a>





note = some of them are ONLY open to estee lauder employees.


i read this on www.specktra.com somewhere.





so another thing to think is quality not quantity.


you can get drugstore dupes / fakes of mac, sephora, etc.


here's an amazing list:


http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/鈥?/a>


%26amp; on youtube i 'read' that revlon colorstay foundation is very similar


to mac studio fix fluid and 1/2 the price!





i'd start with some basic mac stuff and work my way up,


but keep hunting for similar cheapies.
Honestly, don't worry about what other people use. Use whatever you think looks good on you. I suggest sticking to the basics. Mac is good, but it's expensive as well and there's no point in wasting your money on it if it does the same job as cheaper brands.





For everyday makeup I suggest going simple, like eyeliner only on the top your eyelid, not on the bottom.


And keep one color eyeliner, instead of using odd colors like green/blue ect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
bacteria