Sunday, December 13, 2009

Has anyone tried the Bare Minerals collection of makeup? If so how did it work for you?

I've been using it for 5 years now. And no it isn't perfect-but what makeup is? The reason I like it so much is that as I've gotten older my face needs to breathe more-at 43 I'm blessed to have reasonably good skin. I also like the fact that I never look made up-I'm not as worried about looking perfect-just pretty and fresh. Yes it is expensive-but compare it liquid foundations that you might buy once every six weeks or so at say 6-12 bucks a pop-if you wear makeup every day that gets expensive. Full size BE mineral makeup should last you about 6-9 months, or longer. For $35 on QVC-which has a 30 day money back guarantee if you don't love it, you get a full sized foundation and one of the best brushes you'll ever use. After that it's $25 for just the foundation.





They have kits that also come with brushes-again seems expensive but these minerals will last forever-even the blush lasts me over a year. And the brushes are the best. I think you should try it though and ';make-up'; your own mind. You can get it on e-bay also-but check to make sure you're getting full sized pots. Good luckHas anyone tried the Bare Minerals collection of makeup? If so how did it work for you?
I bought the mineral foundation and mineral veil a few days ago, and so far I like them. True, the coverage is not very heavy, but I prefer that. I use a Cover Girl eye makeup brush with the foundation to conceal my dark circles and broken capillaries--this seems to work very well, and the brush is much cheaper than the one BM tries to push with its line. The reason I switched from tinted moisturizer to mineral foundation is that I can carry this stuff on board a plane, since it is not a liquid or gel. I suspect business will boom even more for mineral foundation in this respect...at least until they ban powders or any carry-ons at all.Has anyone tried the Bare Minerals collection of makeup? If so how did it work for you?
i love the product it worked fr my face really nice i mean its great fr my face i donno how it will work on urs
Yes and it's great stuff but you have to mix the powders to get a perfect match, which is why the basic kit is a few different shades of the same thing. It's an investment but the stuff lasts forever.
I LOVE IT. i have botchy skin because of old minor acne scars and bare minerals makes my skin look pretty flawless although i do agree that the coverage is not at all what they make it look like on tv or in the instruciton video. but don't fret. i found that putting a light lotion then applying the power with the baby kabuki brush while the lotion is still damp, gives me a great look. i even bought that ';nearly naked'; touch pad make up foundation by Almay (i think) it's oil free and gives you no coverage, but its kind of sticky before it dries, so i use that sometimes too. bonus is that with the B.M., if you apply it right, which isn't hard to do, u won't ever get a make-up line on your jaw. you must get the mineral veil for ontop of your foundation powder. it really completes the look.


i am going to try the eye shadow that they make, i heard it's great but again, with the powder, you have to build your desired coverage for color. their blush is fabulous. they have a really nice bronzer as well as peachy color blush which is supposed to be super hot this season.


good luck.
I was skeptical at first, but i tried the bare minerals. I usually use marykay foundation, but I work in a factory and with the heat, wearing liquid foundation would only be sweated off and powder is easier to apply at break time. The bare minerals does seem to work, but some days i look a little too powdery. The only way to know is to try it. Everyones skin is different.
i don't use make up but...sense i tried bare minerals i do everyday......i love it.......other companies have tried to do the same thing i tried them too but it was not the same.
My sister bought it and I used it once 'n awhle and I LOVED it. My face is really sensitive that's why I NEVER use foundation. When I do put foundation I'd always break out so I don't like to use it. But when I used bare minerals it'd cover my face and make it look like I have foundation and I didn't break out. I could even sleep in it. Yeah I liked it a lot.. you should give it a try!
I use it. If you get one that matches your skin tone well, it works. It blends in, and its not thick like foundation. I also use the blush, and i love it.
It's great. Been using it for about 3 or 4 years now. Coverage isn't always what they show, but for the most part, it has a nice finish, the blushes are very natural and you can wear the make up all day and not feel gross. I have sensitive skin and compared to wearing liquid or powder-liquid foundations, this is a God-send. Try it out, I think they have money back guarantees and a really good price on their start-up kit.
i bought this stuff and i couldn't get it to match my skin. it wasn't as flawless as they make it sound.
I've been using Bare Minerals for 3 1/2 years. I use Fair. For me it covers the dark circles under my eyes, broken capillaries around my nose and on my cheeks. It takes some time getting used to putting it on, but it doesn't feel heavy. I also have oily skin and this doesn't clog my pores.


I love the eye %26amp; cheek colors. they blend beautifly and since they're loose you can mix and make your own shades.


The great thing is you control the coverage, where you need more add more. Just remember to buff to blend it.


You'll be amazed at how little you need and how long it lasts. For me a full size foundation lasts 9 months, which isn't bad for $25. The eye and cheek colors last as well.


Just take your time and remember you'll need less than what you think you will.


Good luck!!
OOOHH!!! I love it! Okay--If It doesn't quite match your skin, buy a different shade and mix the two together to create the perfect color for you. It's the best thing ever. It can completely hide redness. Also, If you are looking at the whole line, not just the foundation, get the ';clear radience'; blush. It is a little shimmery, and it is just a tiny bit pink but it makes your whole face glow. You will love Bare Minerals!
It's OK (but pretty expensive for ';OK';). It didn't clear up my acne-prone skin like they said it could, but the coverage was good without being mask-like.
very expenisve.it looks okay,my mom use it.the product is decent
My daughter got some, it really isn't a light as I imaged it would be. I just think its suppose to not clog your pores like other make-up because its a powder.
I used Bare Minerals for about 3 years. At first, I really loved it and the coverage. In only a few months, I noticed that it just didn't give me that same flawless look. However, I was hooked on mineral makeup because my complexion was much improved and it feels so light on your face. I found something that is even better, but less well-known. Check out Lady Emily Natural Cosmetics. The coverage is much better than Bare Minerals. And the rice setting powder (same as Mineral Veil with BE) is made with rice instead of the cheap product corn starch that is found in BE. The best part is that they distribute their products through consultants so you can get one-on-one customization and product knowlege. It's definitely more customer-friendly.
I tried it and if you have flawless skin it looks and feels great. If you have any blemishes, or dry skin it doesn't work well at all - actually seems to emphasize the flaws.
I have been using Bare Minerals for over a year. I don't know I managed without it. It looks very natural and feels lightweight. It's a wonderful product!
  • hair accessories
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    bacteria